Gold & White Stamped Mani (August 2014)

Gold & White Stamped Mani (August 2014)

Thursday 18 October 2012

Nail Art: Cherry Blossoms

With too much time on my hands, and a nail varnish collection that's rather built up over the years, I've recently taking to doing more adventurous things with my nails. I thought my first go at nail art should be a simple but effective one, so I went with cherry blossom nails.

To achieve the effect, all I needed were these:

Models Own in Jade Stone, Rimme's French Manicure white, Rimmel's Shocker, black eye liner and a cocktail stick.

After my base coat, I applied two coats of Jade Stone, which gave great coverage. I then used the eye liner to draw two branches on each nail. With the cocktail stick, I dotted 4-5 white spots as the petal for each flower, adding the bright pink dot as the flower's centre once dry. I then locked it in with a topcoat once completely dry and voila! I need to get a better hang of tidying up my edges and cuticle floods though: I haven't corrected here as I often find I accidentally over-correct when using touch-up brushes etc as the remover runs so much.







I also tried it with a pale pink background, which worked beautifully but didn't suit my skin tone as well. The side by side comparison looks thus (and the pink is No 7's Pinky Pure 160, and I used a dotting tool rather than cocktail stick with little noticable difference. My white is so old it's gloopy though, so I think I'll appreciate it more when I replace that polish)!




No comments:

Post a Comment